Men’s hair care can be much harder than it might seem at first glance. Between daily shampooing and keeping those pesky dandruff flakes under control, there’s a lot of upkeep to keep the style going in the right direction. Here are 10 tips for men that will keep their hair looking sharp no matter what the occasion or weather outside might be like!
1) How to Trim Your Hair
Trimming your hair is one of the most effective ways to keep it looking great. It’s a simple, quick process that will only take a few minutes from start to finish and can make your hair look noticeably fuller. The best way to trim your hair is with a pair of scissors and you want them sharp so they cut smoothly and evenly. Start by gathering all of the stray hairs around your ears, neckline, and beard area into a ponytail or braid.
2) How To Deal With Greasy/Dirty Hair
- Wash your hair in the morning, not at night. This helps keep your oil production constant, which will keep your hair looking and feeling clean for longer periods of time.
- Use a clarifying shampoo if you’re using products with oils in them, like a leave-in conditioner. This will remove any excess oil from the scalp and help keep the product from weighing down your hair too much, making it look greasy again quicker than normal.
3) Removing Dandruff/Sebum From Scalp
Dandruff is a common problem for many people, but it’s even more of a problem for men because they’re less likely to talk about it. The good news is that there are many things you can do on your own at home. Try using dry shampoo or a small amount of baking soda mixed with water, which will help dry out the flakes and make them easier to brush away.
4) How To Pick The Right Shampoo
The first thing you need to do is find a shampoo that’s designed for your hair type. Be sure to read the label and make sure it has the right ingredients for your needs. There are also shampoos for different hair colors, so be sure you know what type of color you have before picking one up.
Finally, be sure to rinse your hair with cold water at the end of each shower. This helps lock in the moisture and cuts down on frizziness!
5) Different Types Of Conditioner
Different types of conditioner are designed for different hair types. Look for formulas made with oils, such as jojoba and almond oil, which provide moisturizing benefits. Be sure to use a deep-conditioning treatment once per week or so. Leave it in your hair for 10 minutes before rinsing. Some stylists recommend applying a few drops of olive oil after shampooing and conditioning, which can help prevent heat damage from styling tools like blow dryers and curling irons.
6) Do’s and Don’ts When Washing Your Hair
- Use a shampoo with a pH that matches your hair’s natural pH.
- Use conditioner every time you wash your hair. It will help keep it soft and manageable, which is great for men’s shorter hairstyles.
- Wash your hair twice a week or less if you have oily hair or an oily scalp – this will help prevent product buildup in the roots of your hair and keep it looking healthy and shiny!
7) Use Heat Protectant Spray Before Using Any Tools On Your Hair
We have all heard horror stories of someone’s hair going up in flames from a curling iron, but it can happen with any type of heat-styling tool. Spray your mane with a heat-protectant spray before you start styling. This will help keep your hair from drying out and minimize the risk of damage.
8) Look After Your Locks During Holidays
If you’re prone to dry hair, you can keep it looking healthy and hydrated by using a deep conditioning treatment before any holiday parties.
Also, make sure you use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Remember, the goal is not just to get your hair clean, but also to help maintain the health of your hair. Your locks will thank you for it!
9) Get A Regular Cut And Color If You Can Afford It, If Not, Fake It
Getting a regular cut and color is the best way to maintain your hair looking great. But if you can’t afford it, there are ways around it. One way is to get a hair dye on sale at the grocery store and apply it yourself. Another option is to use dry shampoo in between washes. Dry shampoo will soak up oil and grease, so it will make your hair look more refreshed without having to wash it all the time.
10) Wear Hats When Outside – But Not All The Time
Wearing a hat is a great way to protect your hair and style it at the same time, but wearing hats all the time will make your hair look worse over time. If you’re going to wear a hat while outside, try to wear one with a brim and avoid having it on for long periods of time.